FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is chassis and Engine number?
How to Find the Chassis and Engine Number Five steps:
1. While looking for the location of the chassis number in a car, it is important to note that some cars do not have the chassis.
2. Look on the pillar. The chassis number is usually found on the left driver’s door jam pillar.
3. Also, look on the firewall. It can also be located under the bonnet – on the right side – on the firewall.
4. Check the lower frame. In situations where the car does not have the chassis, the VIN is commonly stamped on the lower frame, to work as the chassis number.
5. Look by the timing belt. On the other side, the engine number is usually engraved on the right side of the engine, close to the timing, also known as belt chain - down at the junction of the engine block and oil pan.
What is Engine type?
We use "codes" to identify different engine types, and they're not always self evident. Here are the most common codes and what they mean:
L4 = Inline-four cylinder. This is the most common type of engine across cars at Fuelly. (Variations such as L6 or Straight-six are rare in comparison.)
V6 = V6 engine. This one actually makes sense. The V refers to the shape of the engine. This is a very common engine. (We show the option for a V4 engine, but this engine only existed in a few rare cars.)
H4 = Hybrid four cylinder. We use H4 and H6 to refer to four and six cylinder engines that also use electricity to help with fuel economy. Subaru also makes a "horizontal" engine that we use H4 and H6 for in Subarus only. (If you know engines, this can also be confused with H engines, another rare engine type.)
W16 = W engine. This is another very rare engine that only exists in a few cars.
Just keep in mind that the L4 and V6 are the most frequently found engines.
What is Vin number?VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
Your VIN is 17-digit (letter and number) code that is located several places on your car: the front of the engine block, the front end of the frame, the driver side door and the driver side interior dash.
Denso Motors Spares
“WE AIM TO BE THE NUMBER ONE CHOICE FOR RELIABLE AND AFFORDABLE DELIVERY OF GENUINE SPARE PARTS ALONG WITH A FRIENDLY AND QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE FOR THE EVERYDAY WAY”
Dealers in Ford, Subaru, Toyota, Nissan, Suzuki and Mitsubishi Genuine Parts.
We provide a wide range of automotive spare parts and quality customer service to a wide range of markets including wholesale and retail to both governmental and nongovernmental organizations. Our major range of products includes all Ford, Subaru, Suzuki and Mitsubishi Genuine Parts. Our philosophy is to satisfy our customer need by providing quality and genuine spare parts at an affordable price, at the right time.Read More